Skip to main content

My Top 5 Local Youtube Make-up Gurus




Hi guys! I imagine myself saying Hi guys in front of the camera but not for now.. I know that doing blogs in front of the camera is more convincing than doing a write-up but we'll go there.. Hahaha.. Everyday I am watching Youtube videos of my fave make-up gurus. YES, they help me a lot. But sometimes I blame them for breaking the bank. Hahaha I try almost everything that works on them. I know it is not right but nowadays they become so influential, not only in letting people buy the products but influencing the local viewers like me to do the same thing. I would never be into blogging if I haven't watched any of their videos. There are lots of youtubers nowadays but we all have our own favorites. I've never been this "kilig" whenever I've been noticed by them. I was never a super fan of celebrities but I am a huge fan of Youtubers.. Make-up youtubers... We all have our own favorites and these are mine...

1. Anne Clutz of The Anne Clutz



I first watched her when I was contemplating in buying Royale BB Cream. I think she is the only one who has a review for that product that time. I checked her channel after that and started watching her everyday. Then I found out we have common friends and before, she lives nearby our area and I was so kilig when I found that out haha... Do I make any sense in telling that story haha.. Anyway, she is the reason I have this blog. She just inspired me to do my own.

What do I love about her?

She reviews clearly and properly. Walang pakeme-keme. Walang arte sa pagsasalita. You can clearly understand her point. "Pang-masa". I also love that  most of the products she reviews are found locally. She is very ideal to mommies on a budget. If you want reviews on products that can easily be found in our local stores, watch her videos.


What do I still want to see in her channel?

Make-up look good for formal events like awards night, pageants and such. Maybe because the make-up look she usually do is something very wearable, which is a good thing but for a change, a little "extreme" could be fun.

2. Michelle Dy




I first watched her when I was searching for recommendable local brands. At first I thought she is not a local youtuber because of the way she speaks. She seldom speak Tagalog on her previous videos. But now, she added twists on her channel; playing the roles of Misyel, Michiko and many more. Michelle plus the Mamshies (her funny friends) make her channel really worth watching. Morena Love.


What do I love about her?

She creates different make-up looks. When you are looking for prom make-up, daily make-up, Liza Soberano make-up and many other looks, Michelle is the one you must watch out for. She does her make-up well; whether for pageants or other events.


What do I still want to see in her channel?

Since she is more focused on doing make-up looks and tutorials, make-up reviews will also be a good addition to her channel.

3. NiƱa of Ouevretrends




Beautiful Spanish-looking Filipina? That is NiƱa. I am just not sure if she has Spanish blood but she is really pretty. I have seen her first when she did a collaboration with Anne Clutz. She does make-up reviews and tutorials. She shares her channel with her husband. I actually got to see her in person  when I passed their house going to work and I opened my car window because I was sure it was her. I was so "kilig" haha .... seeing your make-up idol gives you that feeling.


What do I love about her?

She also creates creative make-up looks. Aside from that, she creates make-up reviews and spotting the originals from fakes.


What do I still want to see in her channel?

Better videos with better lighting which is on the process now since they have renovated their room.


4. Anna Cay



Do you love bonggang make-up hauls? Then check out Anna Cay's channel. This beautiful lady is very simple yet so fabulous. For me she is really a " sosyal " na blogger. She uses mostly high end products and you'll just say wow whenever she do her hauls. The very first video I've watched from her channel is Review for Ever Bilena Liquid Lipsticks.


What do I love about her?

She does her make-up well. She does extravagant make-up hauls. The quality of her video is really good. Whenever she do make-up reviews, I love that she is really detailed. She explains even the description of the ingredients. It's the type of blog wherein everything is there. No more questions.


What do I still want to see in her channel?

More make-up reviews. I just feel a little "bitin" because most are daily vlogs . I love watching her daily vlogs but I am excited to see more reviews especially with the products that she included in her hauls.


5. Mimi of Coffee and Sparkle





The first video I watched from her channel is her Half and Half video with Sansan HD liquid foundation and Makeup Forever Hd foundy. She speaks so good and is also into details.


What do I love about her?

She does good eye make-up. I so love it. I also love the half and half videos wherein  she compares high end products with the drugstore brands. I also love how she keeps her life private even she is exposed in Youtube.

What do I still want to see in her channel?

More videos. Hehe. I know she is a busy bee that is why uploading of videos is not as consistent with other youtubers . Would love to see more of her.



There you go guys. I would just like to clarify that my write-up is just based on my personal opinion only. We all have our own observations and of course favorites.

How about you girls? Who are your Top 5. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review for Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer

REVIEW FOR CELETEQUE HYDRATION FACIAL MOISTURIZER First of all, thanks for giving Grasya's Diary a sight. Today, I will be giving you an updated review for Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer.  I used to have oily skin, but due to some topical treatments and cleansers, I got a combination skin after. There were dry patches after weeks of using my creams so I asked my derma if I can use a moisturizer. She told me I can but I just need to put  on to dry patches in order for me not to have an oily face again. I was  confused with her statement because I know that even you have an oily skin, you must still use a moisturizer, just pick a water-based then.  So I still use it for the whole face hehe. I was using Myra-E before but I feel it's kinda heavy on my face so I tried this Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer.  Again, to reiterate, can we use Moisturizer even we have oily skin? Yes. Oil is different from moisture. Sometimes our skin tends to oil-up because it needs mo

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer   First of all, Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha... Yes blogging is back; it was never gone. I was just too focused with my corporate job but I am here now... and we will keep the ball rollin' So today, I will be reviewing 2 primers; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit Porefessional Primer. It would be a comparison review. But let me define what a Primer is. Primer is a product applied on the face prior to foundation to ensure that the surface or canvass will be smooth, poreless, refined and sometimes used to prolong the staying power of the foundation; as it also can control oil. Imagine painting your wall? We use primer first before the paint right? Same thing on our face. There are difderent types of primers but today I will just focus on the 2 mentioned brands; Smashbox and Benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those brands are part of the high-e

Review for Naturactor Cover Face

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will be reviewing my favorite foundation this season. Yes, for this season because I tend to change foundation. For those who are asking, this is the same review posted in my FB Page but I just did some revision with the format and with the wordings as well. Why am I so into this foundation?  Do I love this product? Let us see. So here's the verdict :  CHARACTERISTICS: ● Naturactor is a make-up from Japan and I love Japan make-ups. It was named Naturactor Cover Face since it is really a concealer but because of its good coverage, it can be used as a foundation.  ●The texture is velvety, and is a cream-type of foundation. ●It smells like an “oldies make-up”. What I meant was the scent of the make-up before of our grandmoms has quite difference with today’s fragranced make-up. If you are sensitive with the smell of a make-up, this may be an issue.  VARIETY: ● Cover face has 5 shades, but there are also other variants as shown belo