Skip to main content

Review for Nichido Perfect Skin Stick Foundation





          Review for Nichido Perfect Skin Stick  Foundation





Hi girls. Today I will be reviewing one of the newest products of the local brand Nichido;  The Nichido Perfect Skin Stick Foundation.
I am a super foundation junkie. I have lots of foundation on my kit and I use the product based on my mood. It is my first time to try this type of foundation. Most of my foundations are liquid by the way. I first learned about this through Ms. Anne Clutz. Do I love it? Let's find out.


CHARACTERISTICS:

Nichido Perfect Skin Stick Foundation, by the name itself,  is a stick type of foundation. A stick type of foundation has the consistency of a cream foundy. As for the smell, it has a very very mild crayon-like smell that is not bothering at all. It claims to be Oil-Free and Paraben Free.

PRICE:

268.00





INGREDIENTS:



VARIETY:

Nichido Perfect Skin Stick Foundation has three shades available. From lightest to darkest; Buff, Ecru and Sand. I got the shade Buff since I have an acidic skin.



PACKAGING:

Black Plastic Packaging with the Brand and Name of the product.

SIZE:

9 grams


APPLICATION:

In applying the product, I put it directly on my face, like the way I put highlighter. I didn't use any primer. I just moisturized.I first used a paddle brush and I found it really easy to apply. Unlike other stick foundation I tested on beauty counters, this feels demi-matte. Not sticky. The first layer is just natural looking, sheer to light coverage. My dark spots are still visible. In applying the second layer, I finished it using a damp beauty sponge because the paddle brush creates streaks on my face. The finish is light to medium coverage. It is still buildable but for my liking, it was just enough.

My face with the product:



My bumps are more visible because cream/stick foundies tend to accentuate my small bumps. But this is enough for me. As you can see, you really need to blend the sides of the nose to avoid caking.


I baked my face because I have combination to oily skin. And when I bake, I bake my whole face hehe. I used Nichido Final Powder in Ivory Glow.


I don't have the pic of my final look but I can say that the final powder and the stick foundation are good together.


LONGEVITY:

I applied the foundy at 9:15 am. At 12:15 pm, I noticed a bit of shine on my nose and on my eyebrows but I am not oily. I still looked fresh. There was oxidation since I am acidic but it is not as much as how other foundations oxidize on me. 
At 2:15 pm, I blotted and the blotting paper was not filled with oil. I retouched with the final powder again. It just looked a bit cakey so do not pile up powder if you don't need to.

At around 9 PM, almost 12 hours, this is how my face looks like. Bit shiny, and just a bit cakey. 


AVAILABILITY:

Watsons and other Nichido Counters

PROS:

•Price- For a stick foundy, the price is right
• Finish- the demi-matte finish is good
•Shade- the shade made me look fresh
•Ease of application- very blendable
• Smell- it doesn't have an annoying scent
• Lightweight

CONS:

• Coverage- I just got "bitin" with the coverage. I was expecting a medium to full coverage but I got sheer to medium
•Tends to cake up on parts that was not properly blended.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I gave this product a thumbs up. I liked it but I cannot say that this is my holy grail for now. I liked that it is lightweight and made me blooming but I have other liquid foundations that I prefer more. But I liked it especially that it did not make me oily so I really think that it is true to its claim that it is oil-free. 

Repurchase? No. I liked it but I love liquid foundies more.

Recommend? Yes. To those who love everyday make-up that is just lightweight and natural looking.

Have you tried this? Please share your thoughts below. Thanks 😊😊😊



DISCLAIMER:



The review was based on my personal experience and it does not reflect the view of the company and other people associated with the product. The review was not paid, not sponsored and not for advertisement. My personal experience with the product may be different from yours.





Comments

  1. Hi. I have acne prone skin po. What po ang mrerecommend nyong foundation? Thanks po sa review nyo. Im planning to buy po kasi to. Pero nagdalawang isip nako. Heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there... thanks for reading.. actually it really depends on your skin. Choosing the best foundation is really a trial and error process. But you may try something that is oil free and non comedogenic meaning it won't clog your pores. :) I don't think this stick foundation is oil-free but it did not harm my acne-prone skin. But again, my experience may be different from yours... Best of luck :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much!! 😀 Super helpful po nitong blog nyo. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review for Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer

REVIEW FOR CELETEQUE HYDRATION FACIAL MOISTURIZER First of all, thanks for giving Grasya's Diary a sight. Today, I will be giving you an updated review for Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer.  I used to have oily skin, but due to some topical treatments and cleansers, I got a combination skin after. There were dry patches after weeks of using my creams so I asked my derma if I can use a moisturizer. She told me I can but I just need to put  on to dry patches in order for me not to have an oily face again. I was  confused with her statement because I know that even you have an oily skin, you must still use a moisturizer, just pick a water-based then.  So I still use it for the whole face hehe. I was using Myra-E before but I feel it's kinda heavy on my face so I tried this Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer.  Again, to reiterate, can we use Moisturizer even we have oily skin? Yes. Oil is different from moisture. Sometimes our skin tends to oil-up because it needs mo

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer   First of all, Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha... Yes blogging is back; it was never gone. I was just too focused with my corporate job but I am here now... and we will keep the ball rollin' So today, I will be reviewing 2 primers; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit Porefessional Primer. It would be a comparison review. But let me define what a Primer is. Primer is a product applied on the face prior to foundation to ensure that the surface or canvass will be smooth, poreless, refined and sometimes used to prolong the staying power of the foundation; as it also can control oil. Imagine painting your wall? We use primer first before the paint right? Same thing on our face. There are difderent types of primers but today I will just focus on the 2 mentioned brands; Smashbox and Benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those brands are part of the high-e

Review for Naturactor Cover Face

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will be reviewing my favorite foundation this season. Yes, for this season because I tend to change foundation. For those who are asking, this is the same review posted in my FB Page but I just did some revision with the format and with the wordings as well. Why am I so into this foundation?  Do I love this product? Let us see. So here's the verdict :  CHARACTERISTICS: ● Naturactor is a make-up from Japan and I love Japan make-ups. It was named Naturactor Cover Face since it is really a concealer but because of its good coverage, it can be used as a foundation.  ●The texture is velvety, and is a cream-type of foundation. ●It smells like an “oldies make-up”. What I meant was the scent of the make-up before of our grandmoms has quite difference with today’s fragranced make-up. If you are sensitive with the smell of a make-up, this may be an issue.  VARIETY: ● Cover face has 5 shades, but there are also other variants as shown belo