Skip to main content

Review for Mary Kay CC Cream in Light to Medium Shade







REVIEW FOR MARY KAY CC CREAM IN LIGHT TO MEDIUM SHADE

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will doing an updated review for Mary Kay CC Cream in Light to Medium. Yes, updated. I had a review for this one a month ago and I'll be giving you an update. I've heard several good reviews about this one  and since I am looking for an everyday make-up that is not as heavy as my usual foundation, I was so excited to try this one. As we all know CC Creams are not just make-ups, they are also said to be a skin-care product. It was my first time to use a CC Cream so I don't want to be disappointed. After being satisfied with the reviews, I called our Mary Kay dealer and ordered Mary Kay CC Cream in Light to Medium. Mary Kay CC Cream gained good reviews not only here in the Philippines but also in other countries. I've been using the product for months now and this is the perfect time for review since  I already know if my face has a violent reaction with this one.

Do I love this product? Let us see.

So here's the verdict :

CHARACTERISTICS:
●Mary Kay CC Cream (Complexion Corrector Cream) with SPF 15
●For all skin types. Suitable for sensitive skin and acne-prone skin. Oil and fragrance-free.
●shown to hydrate for 10 hours.
●The consistency is quite thick for a CC Cream but is more liquidy than a foundation.
●I smell a hint of paint-like odor, which somehow smells sour, maybe because it is fragrance-free. (But why did I smell a paint-like odor, not so good for my nose  haha )




VARIETY:
● In the Philippines, there are only 2 shades available, Very Light and Light to Medium.

INGREDIENTS :
●Active ingredients are: Octinoxate, homosolate and oxybenzone



PRICE:
●825.00

SIZE:
●1FL.OZ/29 ML



PACKAGING:
●Mary Kay CC Cream is sold in a box in which all the information about the product was written.
●The main product is in a tube packaging with pump. I so love it. I love products in a tube with pump because it is travel-friendly. What I don't like about this CC Cream's pump is that sometimes it doesn't bring out the product when pushed or pumped. I still have to exert more pumping skills in bringing out the cream hehe. Sometimes, when you pump it has the possibility to squeeze out product anywhere like in your clothes.






APPLICATION:

●Technically, CC Creams are just like tinted moisturizers. They should be applied using the fingers. But I use a brush for this one.  I feel better that way. As written in the box, this must be applied 15 minutes before sun exposure and re-apply after 2  hours. But I do not do this because I set this one with powder. To explain more of that, read the next part :)

PERFORMANCE/LONGEVITY:
● This is the part I have to explain a lot. First is because I think I picked the wrong shade. There are only two shades available so I picked the darker shade since I think the Very Light shade is indeed very light haha. After applying Mary Kay CC Cream in Light to Medium on my skin, it disappeared which I liked because I know that I picked the right shade. I won't have a mask on. But after a few minutes, my face turned gray. It oxidized! Yes I do have an acidic skin but not all foundations oxidize on me. With this one, after setting onto my face, it turned gray. I didn't see that my face was brightened up. I was so sad. Some told me that putting the Timewise Mattewear Foundation, also from Mary Kay, would make me look better but that was also expensive. I watched other reviews again and there are also issues of oxidation. I should have watched those videos before buying the darker shade. But then I did not give up.  I tried different powders to set this one.

Yes, I use powder to set this because I am more comfortable in having a matte finish than having a dewy one. Though Mary Kay CC Cream can be used on its own, I prefer to have a powder because I need to fix the oxidation problems. With that, Nichido Final Powder won the battle. Since it has a bit of yellow undertone and sets my CC Cream well, I prefer this one. To add, I also use a primer for this CC Cream to minimize the oxidation. I know that in applying CC Creams, one should not use primer because it may block the hydrating properties and the complexion corrector properties but what's important to me is the Sunscreen part. And I still feel that my face is being hydrated even with primer, It just lessened the oxidation. Next time, I'll just buy the lighter shade.
- Mary Kay CC Cream is also like a foundation on me after setting it with powder. It lasts long on me and it doesn't make me feel oily.
- I didn't break out! yehey



AVAILABILITY:
● Available on your favorite Mary Kay dealers.

PROS:

●Characteristics- with SPF :)

●Ingredients
The ingredients are really good for the skin and I love that it is indicated in the packaging to know if you are allergic to one of the products.

●Size
- a little goes a long way.

●Performance
- though I had a problem with the shade, the performance was really good. It lasted long and it didn't break me out.

●Application
- using fingers and brush offers the same result but I just prefer using a brush.
.

CONS:
●Price- 825.00 for a CC cream is quite expensive on me. But some Mary Kay Dealers give discounts.
●Variety- i got the wrong shade. More selections of shades please.
●Availability- Since it is just available in your Mary Kay Dealers, you can not try the shades that suits you best.
●I don't like the paint-like smell
●A packaging with a pump is very convenient but the pump of this one is sometimes not working well.

Would I repurchase? Yes, just the other shade. I picked the wrong one that's why I didn't get to see the verdict of others that it brightened their skin. But good thing is, there are other options and products that can be used together with this Mary Kay CC Cream to see better results. I love that it's a skin care and make-up in one. I recommend this to those who wants to have a light makeup without using foundation.


Disclaimer: The review was based on my personal experience and it does not reflect the view of the company and other people associated with this product. The review was not paid, not sponsored and not for advertisement. My personal experience with the product may be different from yours.

Comments

  1. Do check out our social profile for facial cream related tips. haute her tips for facial cream

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review for Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer

REVIEW FOR CELETEQUE HYDRATION FACIAL MOISTURIZER First of all, thanks for giving Grasya's Diary a sight. Today, I will be giving you an updated review for Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer.  I used to have oily skin, but due to some topical treatments and cleansers, I got a combination skin after. There were dry patches after weeks of using my creams so I asked my derma if I can use a moisturizer. She told me I can but I just need to put  on to dry patches in order for me not to have an oily face again. I was  confused with her statement because I know that even you have an oily skin, you must still use a moisturizer, just pick a water-based then.  So I still use it for the whole face hehe. I was using Myra-E before but I feel it's kinda heavy on my face so I tried this Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer.  Again, to reiterate, can we use Moisturizer even we have oily skin? Yes. Oil is different from moisture. Sometimes our skin tends to oil-up because it needs mo

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer   First of all, Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha... Yes blogging is back; it was never gone. I was just too focused with my corporate job but I am here now... and we will keep the ball rollin' So today, I will be reviewing 2 primers; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit Porefessional Primer. It would be a comparison review. But let me define what a Primer is. Primer is a product applied on the face prior to foundation to ensure that the surface or canvass will be smooth, poreless, refined and sometimes used to prolong the staying power of the foundation; as it also can control oil. Imagine painting your wall? We use primer first before the paint right? Same thing on our face. There are difderent types of primers but today I will just focus on the 2 mentioned brands; Smashbox and Benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those brands are part of the high-e

Review for Naturactor Cover Face

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will be reviewing my favorite foundation this season. Yes, for this season because I tend to change foundation. For those who are asking, this is the same review posted in my FB Page but I just did some revision with the format and with the wordings as well. Why am I so into this foundation?  Do I love this product? Let us see. So here's the verdict :  CHARACTERISTICS: ● Naturactor is a make-up from Japan and I love Japan make-ups. It was named Naturactor Cover Face since it is really a concealer but because of its good coverage, it can be used as a foundation.  ●The texture is velvety, and is a cream-type of foundation. ●It smells like an “oldies make-up”. What I meant was the scent of the make-up before of our grandmoms has quite difference with today’s fragranced make-up. If you are sensitive with the smell of a make-up, this may be an issue.  VARIETY: ● Cover face has 5 shades, but there are also other variants as shown belo