Skip to main content

Review for Pinkies Collections Matte Lipstick in Forget Me Not








PINKIES COLLECTIONS MATTE LIPSTICK IN FORGET ME NOT


Forgive me girls for being missing in action these past few days. Holidays are over so the past week is more focused on my professional career. Well I'll make sure that this review is going to be an enjoyable one so let me do this now.

Tonight, I will be reviewing Pinkies Collections Matte Lipstick in Forget Me Not. If I am not mistaken, Pinkies Collections is a sister-company of Jazzy Collection. They also offer powder foundations, brow kits, lipstick line, liners and more. I think this is the "girlier" version of Jazzy. The colors are very "kikay" unlike Jazzy which has more of the professional make-up artistry image.  I think this brand is more suited for college students and those who are in a budget. 

When I bought their eyebrow pencil which only costs P99.00, I posted how happy I was in the group The Makeup Revolution PH and friendly girls there told me that their Matte Lipsticks are really great. I searched for it and I found good reviews about it. It's funny that Pinkies Collections is available near our place, just 5 minutes away from our home, but I bought my lipstick at SM MOA when I was drowned in the Beauty Section ahaha. It was an unexpected lipstick shopping because I just swatched it, tried it on my lips and then loved it. The Forget Me Not shade is good on me so that is what I purchased. My niece bought the shade Bottle Brush but I don't have pics for those. I have the same experience with both shades.

 To share my whole experience with you, please enjoy reading and spread the beauty news after.





CHARACTERISTICS:

  • Pinkies Collections Matte Lipstick is a very pigmented lipstick that glides easily on lips and gives a creamy-matte finish.

VARIETY:

  • Pinkies Collections Matte Lipstick has many shades to choose from. There are more sgades but these are the shades I know :
- Buttercup is an orange-y shade of lipstick. 
-Callalily is a very nude lipstick.
-Bellflower is a dark coral pink lipstick.
-Thistle is a bright fuchsia pink lipstick.
-Snapdragon is like  Steady Going of Mac.
-Orange Blossom is coral shade.
-Primrose is a pink lipstick which is very close to Nyx Summer Breeze for me.
-Bottle Brush is a dupe for Loreal Pure Garnet.
-Bark is a nude pink lipstick.
-Forget me Not is a purplish pink lipstick.


PRICE:

  • P199.00

SIZE:


  • The size was not indicated but this is how it looks like. It's just like the usual size of an ordinary lipstick.


                                      




INGREDIENTS:




PACKAGING:

  • Unlike the usual round or bullet-type lipstick, the packaging of this one is a rectangular shape in Pink case.


  • Shade is indicated at the bottom, ingredients on the side and brand on the other side.

APPLICATION:

  • Application of this lipstick is very easy. Once you swipe it, you can see that it is really pigmented and very opaque. It is easy to swipe even it is matte. Just like what I always do, I pat my lips with a tissue and put a little bit of powder. The shade is still similar with or without powder because whenever I pat my lips with tissue, I reapply again and pat again, so I just get the same results when it comes to color pay-off. The longevity just increases.

Swatch of Forget Me Not Shade


With Flash
 ( Forgive the mustache, hormonal imbalance it is, PCOS patient here hehe)





Without flash


PERFORMANCE / LONGEVITY:


  • Few minutes after application, you can feel that you are wearing something but it is not that bothering. There was a bit of dry feeling.
  • For the kiss-proof test, I'll give it an 8 because only few marks are left.

After eating and drinking. 


Please do take note that  I only had water and some light meals that are not so oily. As you can see, the inner parts of my lips faded but the outer part still has the product. The oilier the food , the more it will fade. But though the product faded, it left a stain on my lips. The stain will stay on your lips until the next day.


AVAILABILITY:

  • Available in Pinkies Collections counters at SM Malls and other leading department stores. Though Bottle Brush is out of stock most of the time. 

PROS:

- It is very pigmented and opaque. The shade brightened up my face
- It left a stain on my lips which helped the fading of the inner part looked unnoticeable. The stain will stay on your lips until the next day.
- The price is good for this long-lasting matte lipstick.
-Ingredients are indicated in the packaging which will help you know if you are allergic to one of those.
-It has a wide variety of shades.
-It passed my kiss-proof test. 8/10.


CONS:

- Availability. Some of the shades are not readily available.
- The packaging is so cute for me but I believe some organizers and lipstick containers like the acrylic ones cannot be used to store this one because the rectangular packaging may not fit in.
-It is quite drying. Lip balm could help solve the problem.



Repurchase? Yes. I love the shade Forget Me Not on me and I will try other shades. I recommend this to those who love Matte Lipsticks but are in a budget. I will suggest for you to use the tissue and powder technique for more long-lasting effect,  

Disclaimer: The review was based on my personal experience and it does not reflect the view of the company and other people associated with this product. The review was not paid, not sponsored and not for advertisement. My personal experience with the product may be different from yours.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review for Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer

REVIEW FOR CELETEQUE HYDRATION FACIAL MOISTURIZER First of all, thanks for giving Grasya's Diary a sight. Today, I will be giving you an updated review for Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer.  I used to have oily skin, but due to some topical treatments and cleansers, I got a combination skin after. There were dry patches after weeks of using my creams so I asked my derma if I can use a moisturizer. She told me I can but I just need to put  on to dry patches in order for me not to have an oily face again. I was  confused with her statement because I know that even you have an oily skin, you must still use a moisturizer, just pick a water-based then.  So I still use it for the whole face hehe. I was using Myra-E before but I feel it's kinda heavy on my face so I tried this Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer.  Again, to reiterate, can we use Moisturizer even we have oily skin? Yes. Oil is different from moisture. Sometimes our skin tends to oil-up because it needs mo

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer   First of all, Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha... Yes blogging is back; it was never gone. I was just too focused with my corporate job but I am here now... and we will keep the ball rollin' So today, I will be reviewing 2 primers; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit Porefessional Primer. It would be a comparison review. But let me define what a Primer is. Primer is a product applied on the face prior to foundation to ensure that the surface or canvass will be smooth, poreless, refined and sometimes used to prolong the staying power of the foundation; as it also can control oil. Imagine painting your wall? We use primer first before the paint right? Same thing on our face. There are difderent types of primers but today I will just focus on the 2 mentioned brands; Smashbox and Benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those brands are part of the high-e

Review for Naturactor Cover Face

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will be reviewing my favorite foundation this season. Yes, for this season because I tend to change foundation. For those who are asking, this is the same review posted in my FB Page but I just did some revision with the format and with the wordings as well. Why am I so into this foundation?  Do I love this product? Let us see. So here's the verdict :  CHARACTERISTICS: ● Naturactor is a make-up from Japan and I love Japan make-ups. It was named Naturactor Cover Face since it is really a concealer but because of its good coverage, it can be used as a foundation.  ●The texture is velvety, and is a cream-type of foundation. ●It smells like an “oldies make-up”. What I meant was the scent of the make-up before of our grandmoms has quite difference with today’s fragranced make-up. If you are sensitive with the smell of a make-up, this may be an issue.  VARIETY: ● Cover face has 5 shades, but there are also other variants as shown belo