Skip to main content

How do I buy make-up? :My factors to consider





               Hi girls. It's a Monday night and it's Blogging night ! Again, sorry for being missing in action. So much busy with my career hehe but tonight I will be sharing with you the factors I consider in buying make-up. How do I buy make-up? 

              Make-up is already a part of most of the girls' life but there are still some who doesn't have so much idea in what to buy or how to buy making them splurge more. So this is good for those newbies in this world and for those who wants to save money in buying make-up.  Just a disclaimer, the factors I'll be posting are the ones that helped me and those may or may not be the factors to consider of other make-up lovers. Also, the factors I consider may or may not work for you. So let's start. Before I buy make-up, what do I consider?

1.Stock level. 

Haha.. The term is very corporate. When I say stock level, it means what's missing in my make-up kit or what is about to be finished? What do I need?

Example:

A. Liquid foundation - 50 % full
B. Red lipstick- 80%
C. Blush-on - hit the pan
D. Mascara- expired
E- eyeliner- just finished

In that case, I know what I just need to buy. . But to be honest with you, it's seldom that I follow this. Most of the time, I buy the things I want and not just what I need which sometimes make me spend more. So as an advice, from time to time, like monthly, check out your make-up kit and list the items you need to buy. Also, be knowledgeable of the expiration dates of your items because different make-up line has different expiration dates.
 Example, mascara should be thrown away after three months, finished or unfnished. So make sure you have enough stock if you are a mascara lover or avoid buying many mascara and open them all at the same time. Because after opening, though they are still full, it is advisable to dispose them because of bacterial growth.

For those who are first timers, what do you need? Just start with the basics;  powder foundation, brow pencil, earth tone eyeshadows, mascara, blush-on and lipstick. Then from time to time, add something new to your make-up kit until you are satisfied with the make-up lines you have. Then, you can apply the STOCK LEVEL factor after. 

2. Make-up reviews.

It's a habit for me to read make-up reviews before buying a particular product because bloggers' experiences with those really help me in deciding what to buy. I know that we may have different experiences with the product but I try to weigh the reviews. If most of the reviews I read tend to recommend the product or not ,  then there's a 90 % chance that I would or would not buy that particular make-up respectively. It's good to read reviews because there I also learn the different techniques they use in applying the product. So go to google and type the product you want to read reviews about. 

3. Authenticity

Oh my God, SG Authentics. If you wanna learn more about those SG Authentic products then try to read my blog for that. Sometimes I buy make-up online so I really check the authenticity. Well I am really not particular with the brand. But it is very important for me that if it is labelled MAC, it should really be MAC. If it's EVER BILENA, it should be EVER BILENA. So that in case of allergic reactions, I know who I can run to. And anyway, who wants to be deceived? hahaha #hugot

4. Dupe that!

I know dupe is somewhat like a negative word. To clarify, when we say dupe, it means that a particular brand carries a product that is almost the same shade/characteristics as of the other brand. Yes, it may be negative but to reiterate, it's not faking. It's just "almost" the same. It's just like "imitating" "kagaya", "katulad". It's just giving more choices and options. 

For example, MAC Lipstick in the shade REBEL is almost the same as WET N' WILD Lipstick in the shade SUGAR PLUM FAIRY. MAC is P1000.00 and WET N' WILD is around P299.00. WET N' WILD is also a good brand so I'll go for WNW's  P299.00 lipstick instead of buying MAC's 1000-peso item. If you may search online, there are many dupes for High-end make-up products from the drug store make-up brand. But to clarify, not all dupes have the same characteristics from the high-end make-up . It may be super look-alike or sometimes just quite.

5. Skin-friendliness.

No matter how branded, how cheap or how expensive the product is, if it broke me out, I won't be buying that particular product again. No make-up can replace a good skin. Also, you can never have a flawless-looking face if your skin is not that good. So why buy something that will harm your skin?

6. Availability.

I am more comfortable in buying make-up in a store rather than buying them online because I can see the items personally. I can check the shades, the characteristics and such. And I do not enjoy paying in banks, paying shipping fees and other fees. But sometimes, when the product is just available online, that's the only time I buy there. 

7. Samples and smallest sizes.

Before buying make-up, I ask them if they give away samples for me to try wearing them for hours to really test the performance or longevity of that product. If they don't, I just buy the smallest size or refills just to test the product out. If it's not good for me then I just had spent a little and not everything in my wallet. 

8. Price.

Of course, after everything I consider, what I consider the most is the price. No matter how wonderful the product is, if it is not in line with my budget, I still won't buy the make-up. Sometimes I break this rule but believe me, you'll regret it if you're not satisfied with the product that cost you a lot. I also set a budget for a particular make-up line. For example, for a lipstick 400 or 500 is somehow expensive for me. But for a foundation, the price is quite cheap. Set the budget and stick to that. Please. 

Hehehe. Well the factors I consider may or may not be your guidelines but I believe that this post may somehow help you save money or save your skin. I already saved money and  my skin too . How about you?

You? What are the factors you consider? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review for Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer

REVIEW FOR CELETEQUE HYDRATION FACIAL MOISTURIZER First of all, thanks for giving Grasya's Diary a sight. Today, I will be giving you an updated review for Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer.  I used to have oily skin, but due to some topical treatments and cleansers, I got a combination skin after. There were dry patches after weeks of using my creams so I asked my derma if I can use a moisturizer. She told me I can but I just need to put  on to dry patches in order for me not to have an oily face again. I was  confused with her statement because I know that even you have an oily skin, you must still use a moisturizer, just pick a water-based then.  So I still use it for the whole face hehe. I was using Myra-E before but I feel it's kinda heavy on my face so I tried this Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer.  Again, to reiterate, can we use Moisturizer even we have oily skin? Yes. Oil is different from moisture. Sometimes our skin tends to oil-up because it needs mo

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer   First of all, Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha... Yes blogging is back; it was never gone. I was just too focused with my corporate job but I am here now... and we will keep the ball rollin' So today, I will be reviewing 2 primers; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit Porefessional Primer. It would be a comparison review. But let me define what a Primer is. Primer is a product applied on the face prior to foundation to ensure that the surface or canvass will be smooth, poreless, refined and sometimes used to prolong the staying power of the foundation; as it also can control oil. Imagine painting your wall? We use primer first before the paint right? Same thing on our face. There are difderent types of primers but today I will just focus on the 2 mentioned brands; Smashbox and Benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those brands are part of the high-e

Review for Naturactor Cover Face

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will be reviewing my favorite foundation this season. Yes, for this season because I tend to change foundation. For those who are asking, this is the same review posted in my FB Page but I just did some revision with the format and with the wordings as well. Why am I so into this foundation?  Do I love this product? Let us see. So here's the verdict :  CHARACTERISTICS: ● Naturactor is a make-up from Japan and I love Japan make-ups. It was named Naturactor Cover Face since it is really a concealer but because of its good coverage, it can be used as a foundation.  ●The texture is velvety, and is a cream-type of foundation. ●It smells like an “oldies make-up”. What I meant was the scent of the make-up before of our grandmoms has quite difference with today’s fragranced make-up. If you are sensitive with the smell of a make-up, this may be an issue.  VARIETY: ● Cover face has 5 shades, but there are also other variants as shown belo