Skip to main content

Review for Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder






REVIEW FOR LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO-MATTE POWDER


Hi girls. It's Thursday, It's Rest Day, It's Blogging Day again. And today, I will be featuring my review for Loreal Infallible Pro- Matte Powder. So what made me interested with this powder even if I have lots of powder in my make-up kit?
This is the latest powder of Loreal here in the Philippines together with Infallible Setting Spray. This particular line also has a liquid foundation which is still locally unavailable. The liquid foundation is very famous in the online beauty world which made me wonder how it works. The foundation also became Ms. Anne Clutz's Top 1 in her Top 8 foundations. The unavailability of the liquid foundation did not break my heart because I still have a bottle of Loreal True Match. The problem with True Match is that your face cannot stay oil-free for a long time. Greaseball ! But I still love it so I just find ways on how to fix my dilemma. So then I thought of using Infallible Powder as a solution because it promises a 16-HR Matte Finish.Based on my understanding, this is just a POWDER and not a foundation. From the name INFALLIBLE, which means not capable of being wrong or making mistakes, let's see how infallible this powder really is.

CHARACTERISTICS:

The claims...



Loreal Infallible Pro-matte Powder promises to have a lasting matte finish for up to 16 hours that is never cakey, and never flat. It also claims to give an air-fine texture.

Yes, the powder is really soft, and very light. It doesn't have fragrance. 

VARIETY:

Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder has 6 shades I think . ( Here in the Philippines, correct me if I am wrong ) They have shades for Pink undertones and Yellow undertones. I got the shade 300 Nude Beige.

INGREDIENTS:



SIZE:

.31 oz / 9 grams

PRICE:

I think the original price is P 600.00. But I got this for only P450.00.


PACKAGING:


The packaging is in red and black theme. The cover is clear so you can see the shade. It has a divider that separates the powder from the sponge and the mirror. But I would appreciate it better if the powder and the mirror is on the same divider. This product won't take too much space of your kikay kit. Good for travelling. The sponge is soft even though it's kinda rubberized but it doesn't hurt my skin nor irritate it.





APPLICATION:

As I have said, this is not a powder foundation according to the Beauty Consultant. It is just a powder but through layering, it may also cover up blemishes. For better coverage, I used the sponge it contains. But for retouching, I use a powder brush.



Sorry for the look haha. So plain. But I had 2 layers of application in this pic. No primer at all. It feels very light. The feeling is like wearing a powder with a little coverage. In this picture, I just had my eyes concealed but the other blemishes I have were covered using this Loreal Infallible Pro- Matte Powder. It really gives a matte finish so it has the tendency to emphasize the dryness of your face. So moisturize. I have a combination to oily skin. My T-zones oil a lot but other parts are dry.

I also tried applying this one with a liquid foundation under. It doesn't feel heavy. It did not make my make-up cakey. Most of the time, I use this product with a liquid foundation for a better coverage.

PERFORMANCE / LONGEVITY:


Used alone, it did a pretty good job. It felt really light, I felt that my skin can still breathe. There was a shine above my brows and on my nose after 4 hours but the shine is just  like a light-dewy finish. I call it a healthy shine. But it doesn't look oily. What more if I have a primer. I tested the product (used alone ) just for 6 hours because I do not usually use this alone. Used alone, it lasts longer. You don't need to retouch. After 6 hours,  my brows are kinda oily but the rest of my face is still fine. I still have the product on my face.

Used with a liquid foundation, there was a little shine after 3 hours. Again, a dewy-looking shine. The shine was on my nose, on some parts of my cheeks and on my forehead (above the brows). It's still not bothering. I know that the shine was really caused by the liquid foundation. After 8 hours, my T-zones are really shiny but blotting and retouch solved the problem. It helped in controlling the oil because using other powder with the liquid foundation, I oil up easily but with this powder, it took a while for me to look super shiny.

I haven't tried using this with a Matte Liquid Foundation. I think it would be better.

I just also noticed that the powder oxidized on my face so be careful in choosing the shade.


AVAILABILITY:

The product is available at Loreal Beauty Counters. (Watsons and others)

PROS:

- very lightweight. No cakeyness.
- doesn't have fragrance nor a powdery scent.
- It is a powder but can cover up some minor blemishes.
- It is pro-matte.
- The texture is really air-fine.
- really helped in controlling oiliness of my T-zones compared to other powders.

CONS:

- You really cannot stay shine-free for 16 hours if your T-zones or other parts of your face are extremely oily.
-Packaging; I wish that the mirror and the powder sis on the same divider.
- It oxidized.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Even though it did not make me shine-free and oil-free for 16 Hours, compared to other mattifying powders, it took a while for me to be shiny and oily so i'll give it a THUMBS-UP.  For the claim INFALLIBLE, hmmm 80 % infallible hehe.

I recommend this to those who like using  a lightweight powder who loves a matte finish but is ok with retouching after 6 to 8 hours. 

Repurchase? Will take a while. Even though I gave it a thumbs-up, I think it would take a while for me to repurchase because I play with different setting powders. Although I can use this alone, I still have lots of powders to play with hehe. But for this time, I am really into this. 


Thanks for reading! Please feel free to place your comments below and Follow me ! Bye... :)

Disclaimer: The review was based on my personal experience and it does not reflect the view of the company and other people associated with this product. The review was not paid, not sponsored and not for advertisement. My personal experience with the product may be different from yours.








Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog. If you are searching for Matte Liquid Foundation  you've comes to the right place. At RR LUX, we strive to always delivery high end Quality products and superb customer services.

    Hold and shine hair Mousse

    Turmeric body scrub online

    Turmeric And Aloe Facial Skin Care Set

    Nyx Straight 5x5 Closure Unit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review for Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer

REVIEW FOR CELETEQUE HYDRATION FACIAL MOISTURIZER First of all, thanks for giving Grasya's Diary a sight. Today, I will be giving you an updated review for Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer.  I used to have oily skin, but due to some topical treatments and cleansers, I got a combination skin after. There were dry patches after weeks of using my creams so I asked my derma if I can use a moisturizer. She told me I can but I just need to put  on to dry patches in order for me not to have an oily face again. I was  confused with her statement because I know that even you have an oily skin, you must still use a moisturizer, just pick a water-based then.  So I still use it for the whole face hehe. I was using Myra-E before but I feel it's kinda heavy on my face so I tried this Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer.  Again, to reiterate, can we use Moisturizer even we have oily skin? Yes. Oil is different from moisture. Sometimes our skin tends to oil-up because it needs mo

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer   First of all, Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha... Yes blogging is back; it was never gone. I was just too focused with my corporate job but I am here now... and we will keep the ball rollin' So today, I will be reviewing 2 primers; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit Porefessional Primer. It would be a comparison review. But let me define what a Primer is. Primer is a product applied on the face prior to foundation to ensure that the surface or canvass will be smooth, poreless, refined and sometimes used to prolong the staying power of the foundation; as it also can control oil. Imagine painting your wall? We use primer first before the paint right? Same thing on our face. There are difderent types of primers but today I will just focus on the 2 mentioned brands; Smashbox and Benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those brands are part of the high-e

Review for Naturactor Cover Face

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will be reviewing my favorite foundation this season. Yes, for this season because I tend to change foundation. For those who are asking, this is the same review posted in my FB Page but I just did some revision with the format and with the wordings as well. Why am I so into this foundation?  Do I love this product? Let us see. So here's the verdict :  CHARACTERISTICS: ● Naturactor is a make-up from Japan and I love Japan make-ups. It was named Naturactor Cover Face since it is really a concealer but because of its good coverage, it can be used as a foundation.  ●The texture is velvety, and is a cream-type of foundation. ●It smells like an “oldies make-up”. What I meant was the scent of the make-up before of our grandmoms has quite difference with today’s fragranced make-up. If you are sensitive with the smell of a make-up, this may be an issue.  VARIETY: ● Cover face has 5 shades, but there are also other variants as shown belo