Skip to main content

Review for Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation








REVIEW FOR MAYBELLINE DREAM VELVET
SOFT MATTE HYDRATING FOUNDATION




Good day my pretty angels! I know I know I've been gone for a while but I am so back. Hehe, been busy with my professional career but I have lots of make-up reviews waiting.

Today, I will be doing my honest to goodness review for the newest Maybelline Dream Velvel Soft-Matte Hydrating Foundation. Since I am a self-proclaimed foundation junkie, I am very open to trying new foundations in the market. I haven't found the super duper holy grail foundy that is why I keep on looking for more. But I believe with this foundation, I can use it for daily use and I am liking it. Though I still prefer an HD foundation for events, this one is something I can use everyday at work and find out why.

I was at work and my work-mate noticed that I am dark and I know that the foundation I am using that day is the culprit. That foundy oxidizes a lot plus the fact that I am acidic. So I thought of buying a new foundy and I remember that Maybelline is on sale for their Dream Satin and Dream Velvet.

I opted to try Dream Velvet since I have oily skin. 

CHARACTERISTICS:

Maybelline claims that it is their first gel-whipped foundation. Fresh, new and flawless.. Dream velvet whips a fresh gel into a velvet- soft texture. Complexion is perfected and smooth with a soft-matte finish, just like velvet. Skin feels fresh with lasting hydration.

It doesn't have an odor. The consistency is quite thick, not like the usual liquid foundation. It is a whip foundy.



Noticed that even I tilted my arm, the foundation stays on place which proves that it is kinda thick.

The texture is really velvety and smooth.

VARIETY:

In the Philippines, I think they only released 6 shades. Their shades are identified with numbers and the name of the shade. I got the shade 75-Natural Beige. It is more on the neutral tone. If you want a more yellow tone, you may choose 65-Sandy Beige which is unfortunately unavailable that time. If you want a pinkish tone, 70 is good for you which I forgot the name, 40 is the lightest and I think there is still 80 or 90. Hehe I apologize for that but the latter shades are already dark on me.

INGREDIENTS:


PRICE:

Original price is P499.00 but I only got this for P374.00 since they were on sale last week.

SIZE:

30 ml / 1 fl.oz

PACKAGING:

This product is stored in a tube packaging which is very travel-friendly.


APPLICATION:

It's easier for me to apply this product whenever I use a mushroom brush. It's very soft and easy to blend. On the pictures below, I did not use any primer but sometimes I do and the product is ok with it.

Here's the product applied on the right side of my face.


Forgive the look, the bagong gising look hehe. Noticed how it brightened up my face and evened out my skin tone. Below is my whole face covered with the Dream Velvet. I just put one layer because that's enough to cover the imperfections. The amount of product on my wrist a while ago is enough to cover my whole face. I noticed that if you add more layer, there's a tendency to be cakey. For my preference, I just use one layer.


The coverage is light to medium, perfect for everyday use. The finish is not flat matte, it is really soft matte. There is still a bit of dewiness and when you touch your face, it is really soft and velvety, it feels like you have a powder. It doesn't feel heavy nor sticky.

Below is my face set with Nichido Final Powder.


And another pic hehe


PERFORMANCE / LONGEVITY:

Since it is soft matte, I did not expect too much for it when it comes to oil control. Also, it did not promise to keep you oil-free for a certain amount of time. But surprisingly, after 3 hours, my face still looks ok. Usually, I oil-up 3 hours after I apply foundation. But with this, there is hydration but no oiliness.

On the 4th hour, I blot and I was not able to fill the whole blotting paper. Just make sure that you blot properly or else you will look cakey if you want to re-apply powder. There is no need to re-apply powder but I opted to do it since I brushed my teeth and the product was washed off on the chin area.
After 8 hours, my T-zones oiled-up but is still tolerable. Take note, I did not feel oily nor sticky the whole day even the final powder I used was not for oil-control.  My face still looked presentable.

PROS:

- It really did not make me feel sticky.
-It was so lightweight even after 8 hours.
-The oiling-up of my face was so tolerable but I did not feel that I was already oily.
- A little goes a long way.

                                  CONS:

-It tends to cake when you try to build it up.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I give this a Thumbs-Up because it really looks good on me and it is not "foundation day" type of foundation. I love that even after a long day, it is still lightweight.

Repurchase? YES.

Recommend? YES. Those who love matte foundations but want the lightweight ones, this is a must try.

Thanks for reading girlies. :)


DISCLAIMER:



The review was based on my personal experience and it does not reflect the view of the company and other people associated with the product. The review was not paid, not sponsored and not for advertisement. My personal experience with the product may be different from yours.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review for Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer

REVIEW FOR CELETEQUE HYDRATION FACIAL MOISTURIZER First of all, thanks for giving Grasya's Diary a sight. Today, I will be giving you an updated review for Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer.  I used to have oily skin, but due to some topical treatments and cleansers, I got a combination skin after. There were dry patches after weeks of using my creams so I asked my derma if I can use a moisturizer. She told me I can but I just need to put  on to dry patches in order for me not to have an oily face again. I was  confused with her statement because I know that even you have an oily skin, you must still use a moisturizer, just pick a water-based then.  So I still use it for the whole face hehe. I was using Myra-E before but I feel it's kinda heavy on my face so I tried this Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer.  Again, to reiterate, can we use Moisturizer even we have oily skin? Yes. Oil is different from moisture. Sometimes our skin tends to oil-up because it needs mo

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer   First of all, Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha... Yes blogging is back; it was never gone. I was just too focused with my corporate job but I am here now... and we will keep the ball rollin' So today, I will be reviewing 2 primers; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit Porefessional Primer. It would be a comparison review. But let me define what a Primer is. Primer is a product applied on the face prior to foundation to ensure that the surface or canvass will be smooth, poreless, refined and sometimes used to prolong the staying power of the foundation; as it also can control oil. Imagine painting your wall? We use primer first before the paint right? Same thing on our face. There are difderent types of primers but today I will just focus on the 2 mentioned brands; Smashbox and Benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those brands are part of the high-e

Review for Naturactor Cover Face

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will be reviewing my favorite foundation this season. Yes, for this season because I tend to change foundation. For those who are asking, this is the same review posted in my FB Page but I just did some revision with the format and with the wordings as well. Why am I so into this foundation?  Do I love this product? Let us see. So here's the verdict :  CHARACTERISTICS: ● Naturactor is a make-up from Japan and I love Japan make-ups. It was named Naturactor Cover Face since it is really a concealer but because of its good coverage, it can be used as a foundation.  ●The texture is velvety, and is a cream-type of foundation. ●It smells like an “oldies make-up”. What I meant was the scent of the make-up before of our grandmoms has quite difference with today’s fragranced make-up. If you are sensitive with the smell of a make-up, this may be an issue.  VARIETY: ● Cover face has 5 shades, but there are also other variants as shown belo