Skip to main content

Words I usually hear as a make-up lover




Hi guys, I've been feeling unwell these past few days making me absent in blogging. It's just today that I feel kinda better. I have hormonal imbalance making my period irregular and lately it made me feel so ill. Hehe but going back to the topic, I'll share to you the words I usually hear as a make-up lover. Both negative and positive. Hahaha I've heard a lot since I started young. Yes, I started at an early age. I was in grade 5 when my sister worked so she has this kikay kit  and I remember playing with it. I would use her make-up in secret because my mother might see me. And then at second year high school, I was the first one who brought a powder blush and brush. I bought a peach blusher from Ever Bilena and shared it to my friends. Hahaha and then I practiced and practiced and made my self fall in love more with make-up. Now, I am already making my own blog. With those experiences, I've heard lots and lots of comments and some of them are :

● "Diyan ka lang pupunta, mag make-up ka pa"

- It's not that I am not presentable having bare face. Haha wow ha confident. But I would just love to fix myself. I want to control the oil in my face so I put powder. I don't want to look pale so I put lippies. It's not wrong to look presentable in all places. And I feel that I am more presentable if there is no shine on my face or not having pale lips.

● Kailangan ba lagi ka nakamake-up. Diba mas maganda yung natural? Na baka magulat yung lalaki sayo kapag hindi ka na nakamake-up?

- Haha. These were the words that pissed me off. Haha sorry because that time I was really not in the mood when she told me those words. And I told her. "Umalis kasi ako ng bahay kanina kaya nakamake-up ako ngayon and if ikaw komportable ka sa ganyan na wala ka make-up, di rin naman kita pipilitin na mag make-up. If choice mo na walang make-up, ito choice ko rin"

Hahaha. Need I explain more? It's our choice. And to add I am not putting make-up to make myself attractive to a guy. I am doing this because this is my passion. I am an artist at heart. I am not saying that I do not like being natural but natural or with make-up, I know that I can bring it on. It's not everyday that I use make-up but again please don't blame me if I want to look more presentable. Again and again it will always be my choice.

● Bakit ganyan kakapal yung kilay mo?

-Ok. Hahaha there were many times I practiced making my eyebrows. There were many times I failed. If you see my brows are not good, if it became a bit thicker than usual, please bear with me. Putting eyebrows is the hardest for many. Some even studied make-up artistry for it. Just like the saying goes, brows are sisters, they are not twins. I'll do it near to perfection soon.

● Ang dami mo ng lipstick. Bibili ka ulit?

- If I bought a baby pink lipstick yesterday and bought a hot pink lipstick this afternoon, don't be bothered. They might be both shades of pink but they are still different. I have different moods and my lips can explain them.

● Anong napapala mo sa pagbili ng make-up?

-"anong napapala mo sa pagbili mo ng gadgets?" Ganun din sagot ko dun.

● Totoo ba yang pilikmata mo?

- Hehe I remember during college. An old man in the jeepney poked me and asked "totoo ba yan? (pointing out to my lashes) tayong-tayo kasi eh" hehehe and I explained to him that they're real. I just used mascara to enhance them. I have long lashes but they are not so thick so I use a volumizing mascara. Most of the time people think that I am wearing falsies. Sometimes I do but usually I just use mascara. Or I just curl them.

● Bakit di ka magpush maging make-up artist?

- Hmm, I have the passion in pursuing that but it takes lots of money. I'll save for that.

● Ang mahal naman ng make-up na gamit mo.

- Well I use make-ups that are not so expensive but not so cheap. I can't say that all expensive make-ups are of good quality and cheaper make-ups have poor quality. It's just "hiyangan". Unfortunately some drugstore make-ups break me out. Whatever the price or brand of your make-up is, it depends on your skin's reaction. My experience with the product may be different from yours.

●Make-upan mo ako

- Well i appreciate these words because I can feel the trust. But I am not a professional make-up artist hehe. We'll go there.

● You look better without make-up.

- Wow, thank you. Haha feeling pretty ang peg. Thanks for the compliment, I really do appreciate it but if I put make-up, that doesn't mean I am hiding something. Well maybe I want to enhance the appearance of my skin but that doesn't mean I can't go without it. Just like some artists, this is the way I express myself. Make-up is an art where the face is my canvas. Again, I am an artist by heart,


These are just some of the comments I usually hear. I forgot some but these are the most common.

We have our own choices. Some people cannot understand people like me and I understand it. I just want to reiterate that wearing make-up would not mean that I am an easy girl or a bitch-like lady. Sadly, those are the connotations for girls like us. Some people feel like that we wear red lipstick to seduce or to attract guys. Some think that we are just about make-up, that make-up is just what we know. We are more than that. We are artists. I love make-up and I would continue to love them.





Please feel free to comment below your experiences regarding my topic. Thanks for reading :)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review for Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer

REVIEW FOR CELETEQUE HYDRATION FACIAL MOISTURIZER First of all, thanks for giving Grasya's Diary a sight. Today, I will be giving you an updated review for Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer.  I used to have oily skin, but due to some topical treatments and cleansers, I got a combination skin after. There were dry patches after weeks of using my creams so I asked my derma if I can use a moisturizer. She told me I can but I just need to put  on to dry patches in order for me not to have an oily face again. I was  confused with her statement because I know that even you have an oily skin, you must still use a moisturizer, just pick a water-based then.  So I still use it for the whole face hehe. I was using Myra-E before but I feel it's kinda heavy on my face so I tried this Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer.  Again, to reiterate, can we use Moisturizer even we have oily skin? Yes. Oil is different from moisture. Sometimes our skin tends to oil-up because it needs mo

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer

Smashbox Photo finish Primer versus Benefit Porefessional Primer   First of all, Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day... Hahaha... Yes blogging is back; it was never gone. I was just too focused with my corporate job but I am here now... and we will keep the ball rollin' So today, I will be reviewing 2 primers; Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefit Porefessional Primer. It would be a comparison review. But let me define what a Primer is. Primer is a product applied on the face prior to foundation to ensure that the surface or canvass will be smooth, poreless, refined and sometimes used to prolong the staying power of the foundation; as it also can control oil. Imagine painting your wall? We use primer first before the paint right? Same thing on our face. There are difderent types of primers but today I will just focus on the 2 mentioned brands; Smashbox and Benefit. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe those brands are part of the high-e

Review for Naturactor Cover Face

Beautiful day ladies! Today I will be reviewing my favorite foundation this season. Yes, for this season because I tend to change foundation. For those who are asking, this is the same review posted in my FB Page but I just did some revision with the format and with the wordings as well. Why am I so into this foundation?  Do I love this product? Let us see. So here's the verdict :  CHARACTERISTICS: ● Naturactor is a make-up from Japan and I love Japan make-ups. It was named Naturactor Cover Face since it is really a concealer but because of its good coverage, it can be used as a foundation.  ●The texture is velvety, and is a cream-type of foundation. ●It smells like an “oldies make-up”. What I meant was the scent of the make-up before of our grandmoms has quite difference with today’s fragranced make-up. If you are sensitive with the smell of a make-up, this may be an issue.  VARIETY: ● Cover face has 5 shades, but there are also other variants as shown belo